You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher beta-1.7.0.2579 Setup failed

Hi!

I'm using Windows 8.1

I'm running Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, both of which run very well (except that font loading takes quite some time).

I've been trialing Affinity Publisher (let me know when I can buy it please!), without any major issues.

I've so far used most of the beta packages.

Unfortunately, the latest version I have (beta-1.7.0.2579) will not install.

When I attempt to install it, I get "Setup failed" message.

I've read several blogs about this, and I've carried out the following:

(1) tidied the registry

(2) removed many many fonts!

(3) disabled .NET 3.5

Nothings helps... I still get "Setup failed"

I would very much appreciate assistance!

BTW, I use Designer (hopefully soon Publisher) for several completely unrelated activities (music, cartography, education, book publishing) all of which require a large range of different fonts/typefaces. Affinity takes several minutes sometimes to load (much quicker if I remove the fonts) - and this is from an SSD. My two other publishing programs load in just seconds.

Thanks!

• Staff

Can you attach one of the failed install logs (which can be found in %temp%\AffinitySetup) and I'll see if there is any info.

We require a higher .NET (4.7.2) than what you have installed but the installer should be detecting and installing this.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.