I purchased Affinity Designer in Jan 2017 via Mac App Store. It is at version 1.6.1 on my Mac. I am unable to find how to update it to the latest version. For example, if i open App Store and find Affinity Designer in App Store, it simply says OPEN, there does not appear to be the option to update it.  If i click on the UPDATES menu item in App Store, it says all my apps are up-to-date. I have contacted Apple Support and they said if App Store is not giving me the option to update the app, then i should contact Affinity Designer App Support. Which is what i'm trying to do here! Thanks!!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forum.

1.6.1 is the latest released version of Designer for Mac when purchased through the Mac Store. There is a later version number (1.6.5) for users who purchase directly from Serif, but it offers no new program functionality.

You can find full details at:

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta