You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac photo beta install not accepting license key

I know I've seen this posted by others but I cannot seem to track those posts down at the moment, so here I am duplicating... :-(

Just downloaded the Mac Photo Beta (9-Mar, ~13:30 PDT) and get the dreaded authentication barrier to launch. How do I get around this?

Config details:

• Affinity Photo direct purchase (NOT Mac App Store)

• Yes, I have my license key and entered it directly from the original key email

• Error message screenshot attached

• Affinity Photo and Affinity Photo Beta both installed in /Applications as normal -- no customization there

• System details added in a screenshot

Help please? and thank you :-)

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 1.45.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 1.47.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 1.49.08 PM.png

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

Ugh. Never mind. It helps to use the key for Photo instead of the one for Designer... I purchased both close in time to each other and was entering the wrong key (registered email address is the same for both).

My apologies for the unnecessary distraction!

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

7 hours ago, Brad Brighton said:

Ugh. Never mind. It helps to use the key for Photo instead of the one for Designer... I purchased both close in time to each other and was entering the wrong key (registered email address is the same for both).

My apologies for the unnecessary distraction!

Glad you got it sorted!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.