You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have to select the font again

Hello,

I use the latest AD on Windows 10.

My problem is, that I have to select the font again and again for one of my files. Maybe I do something wrong....

You can see on my first screenshot, that the selected text does not touch the canvas on the right and top. AD tells me on the left that the font is Open Sans. That's the font I like to use.

AF-font-open.png.ff9553808c213777b6c7cfb5475c3b3c.png

Now I have just to select the same font again and everything fits and looks like it should:

AF-font-select.png.e505aaf5cc58d24e63e052419b68fe97.png

The font looks different in the first screenshot.
It seems that AD forgets my font selection shows me Arial instead. But still shows me Open Sans in the selection.
It is not every time I open the file, but after a while I have to select Open Sans again.

What's wrong here?

Thanks Jochen

• Staff
5 hours ago, j0e.org said:

Maybe the problem is, because I use the same file on 2 different computers.

That could very well be the cause of the issue.   As open Sans is a Google font so pretty easy to get hold of and at this stage i'd suggest downloading the same version from them on both PCs and replacing the current version on both PCs.  That way you know both are using the version of the font and you shouldn't see this issue.

The fact Designer is reporting the font as Open Sans but displaying Arial is a separate issue i'll need to log.