Seanyboy

Will objects have "Movable" Centres?

I was trying to position a shape in a drawing that I am doing in AFFINITY and found that there is no easy way of rotating this shape by means of moving it's centre point akin to what can be done in Drawplus, just pure rotate at the moment. Unless I am missing something?  If so, will there be a function to move the centre accordingly at some stage?

MacBookPro 15-inch mid 2010 intel core I7,  NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

You can use the transform page to set the anchor point and then rotate by using the edit field in there and that should rotate about one of the major points. There's no way to set an arbitrary rotation centre at the moment - but there will be... :)

Ahh! Got you now, you have to use the slider!  It's a bit cumbersome - I would prefer to click the object and rotate on the chosen anchor point than slide the slider.  (No wonder it wouldn't move with the mouse over the object!)

MacBookPro 15-inch mid 2010 intel core I7,  NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

You can also use Ctrl-Drag with the select tool to rotate about the opposite corner. You need to move your cursor just past the resize handle until you get the rotate cursor.

Thanks Tony,  I tried all the conventional key presses and found nothing earlier.

It's a bit hit and miss that Tony,  sometimes I get a splash screen saying Cut Copy  and Paste if I click on Ctrl on a Mac Book Pro

It has to be pressed slightly after rotating on the original axis for best results.  Good option though. ;)

Hi Sean,

OS X uses Ctrl-click to pop up a context menu (it's the same as right-click). You have to start the drag without Ctrl held down, then press it to activate the mode Tony is mentioning :)

Cheers,

Matt