Sign in to follow this  
chans.serif

Toggle between Move Tool and Last Used Tool

Is there anyway to turn this off so that the 'v' key only binds to the move tool? Right now pressing 'v' switches back-and-forth between the move tool and the most recently used tool. I checked the keyboard shortcuts and 'v' is only assigned to the move tool. Any insight is much appreciated!

Hi chans.serif,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
A new option (Use ⇧ modifier to cycle tools in Affinity Photo Preferences, Tools section) was already added to the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta that will turn the cycle and switch between tools off unless you press the ⇧ (shift) modifier. I believe it will be also available for the rest of the suite's apps soon.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

A new option (Use ⇧ modifier to cycle tools in Affinity Photo Preferences, Tools section) was already added to the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta that will turn the cycle and switch between tools off unless you press the ⇧ (shift) modifier. I believe it will be also available for the rest of the suite's apps soon.

Hi MEB,

I'm not talking about the cycle between tools with secondary options (e.g. Marquee's rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, etc.). Rather, I'm talking about the cycling between the move tool and the most recently used tool.

For example, if I create a text frame pressing 'T', and then press 'V' to move that frame, if I press 'V' again, it will cycle back to the text frame tool. I hope this makes more sense!