You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.0.238] bleed / single master / facing spreads

I think, there is a little glitch left with the bleed behavior. I created the attached document with 3mm bleed on all sides and 4 pages. The black frames should help to see bleeds and margins. When I export the document as "all pages", then the first and the last page looks perfect. The bleed get the correct content. But the inner bleed on pages 2 and 3 get the content from the facing page. It's difficult for me to describe, so please have a look at the attached files. The Publisher file, one PDF with "print all pages" and one PDF with "print all spreads". JPG and TIF exports with "include bleeds" look the same.

Best regards,

Heike

PubTestBleed.afpub

PubTestBleed_Spreads.pdf

PubTestBleed_Pages.pdf

Regarding my English, please be so kind to keep in mind, that I'm not a nativ speaker...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi AnaDia,

Thanks for letting us know and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately this is tricky situation, and not something that can be really 'solved' as such. As you're document is using spreads, effectively only 3 sides of each page can have a bleed (the other is connected to the next page). However as you're telling the application to export pages (not spreads) with bleeds, it has to use the next page as the bleed area. If you are using spreads in a document it is very unlikely that you will need to use bleed on single pages. For most documents this will give better/acceptable results than having no bleed at all.

Hi Sean,

thank you for your reply!

I want try to explain, why I used that configuration. I designed a little booklet with a spiral binding (is this the right english wording?) with beta 206 or so. The print has been done as double sided pages and needed the bleed on all four sides. But during the design it was very helpful to see the booket as spreads (facing pages) on the screen to see how it looks. So I more or less used this configuration to simulate a "preview as book". I think, there was asked for such kind of preview in another thread.

I started my booklet with facing master and pages. Design worked well, but when it came to export for print, I get in trouble. I tried some configurations and finally I configured  bigger pages, which include the needed bleeding within the page and not as bleeding. When I read the description for beta 238 I thought, that you now implemented my whished behaviour :-) So I thought, my findings are a little bug, but it sounds, it isn't.

I want to add, that I really enjoy using the trio of Photo, Designer and Publisher.

Best regards,

Heike

Regarding my English, please be so kind to keep in mind, that I'm not a nativ speaker...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.