You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher File Sizes HUGE

Is anyone else concerned about the ginormous files sizes that Publisher generates? I am building a few hundred page book, 10x8 in size with bleeds and I'm only about 35% of the way done and my Publisher file size is already 1.2GB. I do this book every year and last year's book with the same specifications and page count only is only 285MB when created in InDesign. Is there anything that can be done to get the file sizes of the Publisher files down? 

This has been discussed before.

One main reason is how the file format works in regards of caching and another that even "linked images" are embedded. Use the search and you will find .

Quick Tip to reduce the size is to "save as" with another name. This empties all caches.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.