You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photos automatically downsized upon saving

Hi, I'm new to Affinity. When I open a photo it doesn't open in the original size, it opens smaller. For example, a photo from Apple Photos at 5.7MB 4912x3264 pixels automatically becomes 1087x723 pixels 595.43KB. Yet I had made no changes to the size. 

Thanking you in advance for your help.

• Staff

Hi Cindy and Welcome to the Forums,

Just tested this on my Mac and i got sent the correct sized image from Photos.  Are these RAW files you are trying to edit, if so from which make and model camera?  Also how are you sending the image from Apple Photos to Affinity?  I right clicked on the image in Apple Photos and selected Edit With>Affinity Photo

Hi Stokerg, 

Thank you so much for the quick reply. After this occurring repeatedly it has suddenly stopped! I'm baffled. I tried to replicate my problem, trying two different ways to get photos from Apple Photo into Affinity by: dragging and dropping from Apple Photo to Affinity and by exporting. I exported both RAW and regular. All is well and I have no clue why that was happening. It feels weird to be using something other than Photoshop after over 20 years but the subscription service is no way to treat long time users. Cheers to Affinity. And my thanks to you Stokerg! I'm pretty sure I'll be back with more questions.