You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brochure page 7

I have downloaded the brochure example you've created.

The Dark (footer) master page has been applied to page 7, but the dark background nor the footer is visible. How did you achieve that?

Is that an override or something?

(I am enjoying Publisher, and I can see me using it when foot- and endnotes functionality has been added)

Is the above too obvious to answer? I haven't been able to find a setting to override (?) a master page assigned to a spread.

Is there way to show which master page is assigned to a page. By mouse-over a spread I only see the title of one or two master pages that have been assigned. And in the layers tab I can find the master page as a group.

I think there may be a difference between how different versions of Publisher apply master pages.

When using build 206 (on Windows 10) with the sample document downloaded with a previous version (with no way to refresh, as far as I can tell), there were a few things that were a little confusing about pages 6 & 7 of the sample brochure.
1. They used the "Clear (Dark Text)" master page which has page numbers and some other little items on both sides but these things were not shown on page 7 and there didn't appear to be anything obscuring them.
2. Setting both master pages to invisible made no difference to how page 7 looked.
3. Moving both - or either - master pages to the top of the layer stack made no difference to how page 7 looked.
4. Changing the "Clear (Dark Text)" master page - on the right-hand side - made no difference to how page 7 looked.
5. There was white text in the rectangle on page 7 which couldn't be seen because the "Dark (Footer)" master page wasn't displayed.
6. With Preview Mode switched off you could see the outline of some elements from the "Dark (Footer)" design when "Clear (Dark Text)" was set to invisible but they couldn't be seen on the page.

Clearing the master pages for that spread and re-applying them seems to have done the trick for me. Just right-click the page 'thumbnail' and choose "Clear Masters", then re-apply the masters and move them into their original positions in the layer stack.

Note: Since you can't save the brochure, your changes will disappear the next time you open it.

P.S. Moderators: I would suggest that the sample brochure is re-created from scratch with the release version of the software just prior to its being published. If the official sample document is wrong in any way it will not instil much confidence in the software.