You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing one shape attribute auto. changes others

Hello,

I've been enjoying Affinity Designer professionally for quite some time.
I often use it for character designs and end up having many copies of the same shape.
Sometimes I need to make a change to one of those shapes. Recently, what I noticed is, that when I 
make a change to one particular shape, it applies the changes to all the other shapes:
1766886921_ScreenShot2018-12-06at15_13_25.thumb.png.517a4fb75c60265d3e2781063fdc67e6.png

In this picture above you cann see that all six shapes have the same attributes. Stroke, fill color etc.

1662329965_ScreenShot2018-12-06at15_13_29.thumb.png.8ad0ba66a639ec970b625ab0e7fd5d3f.png

Then I changed the fill color to shape on the far left and it changed the fill color of ALL shapes automatically, as shown above.

Here is the thing:
I DO NOT have these shapes in Studio / Symbols, meaning I don't have them linked in any sort of way. Maybe I'm missing some simple basic toggle option, that allows me to disconnect these links.
Also infuriating is the fact, that when I perform an UNDO, it just un-does the changes to the far left shape and ALL OTHERS are left in the new state (in this case fill color: white).

I would greatly, greatly appreciate your help, as sometimes I end up manually reversing all changes, which can take hours when you have large canvases and countless artboards with the same shapes. 

Thank you!