You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can a workspace be saved as a Default?

So not really a major issue but still quite annoying. Maybe there's a better way for me to be doing this and I'll take any advice going.

Anyway.

Each time I open Designer (Windows), I go for my shape tool then head for the colour Fill and Stroke (top left) to chose a basic colour for what I have in mind. My gripe is that when I click the Fill or Stroke, the pop-up window always defaults to Tint. Useless until I have the main colour I require. I have to use the drop-down menu to select HSL Colour Wheel. In an ideal world, I'd like the HSL CW to be there ready each time I start Designer.

Like I say, not a major problem. I can use the Colour Palette but that would be a crystal ball affair as a new project may require a totally different set of colours.

Is there any way to set up my Workspace on a blank canvas and save it so all windows show what I setup from initial opening?

Thanks for any help received folks.

Gaz.

The ability to save workspaces in the Affinity apps has been requested many times, but it isn’t possible yet.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)