You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text wrap is misplaced round vector-cropped image

I'm not really able to reproduce the exact steps that got this document to this state, so I've attached it so you can see, and maybe find out what's going on.

It's an image that I've cropped using the vector crop tool.  I also made the image into a Symbol, but that might not have anything to do with it.

Text wrap does not wrap round the actual image, but round a different position.  Playing with the Top and Bottom Distance from Text settings of the Text Wrap dialog box, with negative values for the bottom makes the text wrap more nearly round the actual image, but still not right.

I tried putting the image in a picture frame, but it made no difference.

Text Wrap problem.afpub

• Staff

This happens when you press the Edit Warp Outline button in the main toolbar and drag one or all the nodes of the shape to another place (not matching the picture position) with the Node Tool or move or transform that shape with the Move Tool. If you select your image and enable the Edit Warp Outline button in the main toolbar you will see that the "shape" that sets the outline wrap has been enlarged and moved to the bottom of the original picture. That's this shape that the wrapping is honouring. Readjust it to match the picture position and scale and everything will work as you'd expect.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.