Bmuse

AD : Bug? Text frame adding space to exported files

Hi all,

I have an 11 x 8.5 page with 2-up cards, each exactly 5.5 x 8.5.

Each card has two groups, Front and Back. The Front group contains a text frame, which is well within the card margins. Text frames have the "handle" on the lower right.

I need to export each 5.5 x 8.5 card for client proof. When I select the groups, the entire selection now has the text frame handle at the lower right.

And when exported -- AD adds extra space on the right, equivalent to that text frame handle! So instead of 5.5" width, the exported file is 5.7-something" wide.

If I delete the text frame, this problem goes away. But some of these are paragraphs of text, so using artistic text won't be practical.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a workaround, other than rasterizing the text (which also isn't practical)?

Clearly it's a bug -- so, Affinity, can you confirm and address it??

-B

Affinity Designer Mac Desktop, 1.6.1

AD-01-frame-handle.jpg

AD-02-frame-handle.jpg

AD-03-frame-handle.jpgAD-04-frame-handle.jpgAD-05-frame-handle.jpg

When I try that, yes, there's a handle. But it does not affect the size of the export. I am on Windows.

What file type are you exporting to? How are you exporting, and what parameters are you using?

Can you provide a sample .afdesign file, and the file you exported from it?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Hi Walt, thanks for the response.

I'm exporting to JPG or PNG, just for client proofing. I've done with and without background. The 5.5" width normally exports to 1650px. When the groups include a text box as shown, the exported file width is 1695px.

Maybe it's a glitch in one of the objects... I'll try rebuilding the file and see what happens.