You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help Printing on Mac on Saturation or relative colorimetric Rendering Intent

Hello. I'm a long photoshop user and I´m trying to switch to affinity Photo. But I found a big problem. I can't print to a printer, select the profile and the rendering intent I want. it seems on windows version the options are there. but on Mac no options for that. if I choose colorsync and on colorsync add the profile I want to printer, it prints but with wrong color intent. I think colorsync always prints perceptual (at least it is what it says when I examine the profiles.) there are no option on colorsync to change to saturation or relative colorimetric. no option on printing dialog on affinity photo too. on settings-color there are that option. but it seems not affect the printing. nothing changes.... any way? if I can't choose the rendering intent for printing, it is a no go solution for me affinity photo.

Thanks

Carlos

• Staff

The print dialogue in the macOS versions of Affinity are a combination of the OS, print driver and some our devs added. But it isn't like for like with the Windows version, I've logged an improvement with the developers to add more options to match the Windows versions.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Under MacOS, I compared various prints of a gray chart on a matte paper, on the one hand from Photoshop with perceptual intent (without black point compensation), and on the other hand from AP, either perceptual or relative, with or without black point compensation.  All of them are practically identical.

• 2 months later...

@Martin Brooks,

Are the various rending intents in the profile and one of them is designated as the default?  I don't have ColorThink.  Using the Mac's ColorSync utility I see several tag with names of the form A2Bi, resp. B2Aii = 0, 1, 2 with descriptions of the form "Intent-i, 16-bit, device to PCS conversion," resp. "Intent-i, 16-bit, PCS to device conversion."  Are these what ColorThink helps you to change?

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5