Pete123

Slices to canvas size or destructive crop

I find myself with multiple PSD documents, each over 100 layers, that I need to export every layer to jpg files.

The export persona seems like the ideal solution. However, creating slices (with the button "create slice") makes the slice as big as the layer actually is, even the bits that are clipped by the canvas.

i.e. a layer is often larger than the canvas. But I need to respect the canvas framing...

If there would be a simple option to create slices, not only auto-sized, but optionally canvas-sized, this would make my day.

Alternatively, if there would exist a destructive crop action (= delete all the pixels that are clipped by the canvas), this would also achieve the same result.

As it is now, I need to spend a whole day exporting every layer by hand....while this could be done in under a minute if any of the above would exist. If it does exist, please be kind and point me to the right workflow. My search came up empty.

8 hours ago, Pete123 said:

I find myself with multiple PSD documents, each over 100 layers, that I need to export every layer to jpg files.

What kind of layers are they when opened in APhoto?

Assuming they are pixel layers.

First select all layers ( Select > Select all Layers )

Then using the Rectangular Marque Tool, select all the visible canvas area.  (e.g. from top-left to bottom-right)

Then Edit > Copy and then File > New From Clipboard

You should then have a new document where any layer previously larger then the canvas has now been cropped to the actual canvas size.

If that does not work upload a sample document as it's hard to guess what will work for your documents without one.

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.