You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snag specific picture from background.

Sorry if this is redundant but I quickly need to know how to remove a picture from a photo to use in another graphic.  As you can see, I am totally green in using Affinity and designing graphics just by my language.  I do not even know what to look for to solve my issue.  

For instance, I have a stick person and that is all I want to use but it has a white background.  How can I pull stickman from the photo?  I watched a video but the people were using some beta form.  I have 1.1.2.  I checked for updates but there are none.

OR

How can I get the background of the stickman picture to match the background I am working with?

The attached picture has a white background when put on a black background.  How can I get it so I can just have the stick guy and his little cloud for my black background?  Or how can I change the pictures background to match the background I am working with and make my stick guy white so he will show up?

post-9183-0-95349500-1427978637_thumb.png

• Staff

One way to do this is to attach an Invert adjustment, so everything that's white will turn black and vice versa.

To do this select you picture, click the Adjustments button in the Layers panel (the third icon counting from right on the bottom) and select Invert from the list. An Invert adjustment will be attached to the image in the Layers panel and the background should now be black while the stick guy should be white.

Let me know if you still have trouble.