You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Okay.... gush this is a nightmare and actually an easy task in adobe illustrator....

so, I have this two forms:

1.thumb.jpg.baf0257470e71109181948ef1292ec5e.jpg

and i want to cut out the upper part, like this:

2.thumb.jpg.d76b13cbfa3b96274d7bdb695e0c4ba0.jpg

first thing i tried, was substract, which doesn't work at all, so i went the old way and used divide and like illustrator i got many little parts. Okay, i cut everything out and get this:

3.thumb.jpg.1408e5556110635cad0e531c01644da4.jpg

and now i only need to combine those lose parts, in illustrator it's "unite". Here, we have "add" and "combine" . So, i cklick on "add"and HOLY MOLLY, what a mess:

4.thumb.jpg.dfd0ee984b17d6c2a3bee4d9d81bca3a.jpg

even if i select only two individual parts and try to combine them, doesn't work. ... tried combine too, but it's still loading, after 76 minutes... every time I try to cancel it with esc, the program bugs completely out. (i can click on icons but it doesn't do anything) ... So, how the heck do I divide and combine my objects correctly?

Edit: I know, i can create a path and cut out the upper part with ease but sometimes i just like taking this approach...

So the hat, is this a single curve i.e. one layer or is it multiple layers grouped?

Hat and Hair.afdesign

38116062_ScreenShot2018-09-30at18_30_09.png.a74279e0fb37ac0d6a48a415e99584af.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions