You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Goodbye to Adobe's monthly ripoff...

I am now facing upgrading my iMac (because it's Safari 9.1 is no longer supported) OS.  I have used Lightroom 5.7 for years and found it quite useful, especially as a beginner.  I now realise that if I upgrade my iMac, then my version of Lightroom will no longer work.  Solution?  Upgrade to latest Lightroom that IS supported on latest Mac OS.  My answer:  NO!!!  The only choice offered by Adobe is known colloquially as highway robbery - either pay a monthly £10 (forever...) - or sod off.

So this brings me to facing up to fact that I need to move totally over to Affinity PHOTO.  However, as an amateur, I am not sure how to totally say goodbye to Lightroom- because it contains 3,000 20MB photos in its catalog.  Is there anyone out there who can point me in the best direction for this task, and how easy/practical will it be?  Is there any facility within PHOTO to catalog my images in a similar manner to Lightroom?

Sorry to be asking a question that many others must have done, but I would appreciate some guidance from the Affinity community!  Many thanks!!