You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing text from .rtf causes crash

• Staff

@wilkinson.bj

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

Can you please attach the RTF that does this, as it is not true of all RTF files.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you for your response, Patrick.

Further information:

Publisher Beta 1.7.0.128 (I did not have a problem with this file in 1.7.0.58). Windows 10. The issue does not occur when I import text from this file into a default "new document." It does occur when I have modified page size, margins and other specifications in new document setup. I can import a .txt file under all circumstances I've tested so far.

Again, thank you. I'm enjoying the beta process and I will continue to tinker with this problem in hopes of being able to give you more, and more specific, information.

IM 9-19-18.rtf

• Staff
20 minutes ago, wilkinson.bj said:

It does occur when I have modified page size, margins and other specifications in new document setup.

I can make this RTF crash so I will get a recipe and report it to the developers, thank you

I think it crashes if the text frame is too narrow. Needs some more investigation, but be careful as your document may be a little delicate (crashy!)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Patrick and all readers,

I may have found the problem with my original .rtf file. It was generated from Scrivener. If I convert the original .docx file to .rtf, the new file imports into A.Pub. 1.7.0.133 fine. This appears to be an issue with Scrivener's configuration of an .rtf file, rather than with Affinity Publisher Beta's ability to import .rtf.

• Staff

Thanks, but crashing is never right no matter what the cause

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.