You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher vs Pages? Please support long text and text block place-holders in masters

Hi all,

I was really thrilled when Publisher came out since I use with great joy the other products from Affinity. I was looking for a replacement of Pages to give me more advanced control over the publishing, but I don't create leaflets or magazines.

I need to publish documents with text that spans over several dozens of pages. I also wanted to create several master pages and select among them which should be used and therefore expected that it would be possible to create text placeholders on the Masters where you could define the flows.

Unfortunately this seems not possible with Publisher 1.7.128, since it is not possible to create those text block placeholders... or am I missing something here? I fear I have to stick to Pages and probably I won't buy Publisher since I could almost do everything I need in Designer...

@Affinity, please add support for long text books and text blocks placeholders in Masters. Shift-click on a text field is not a viable option... (see https://medium.com/@postenterprise/affinity-publisher-beta-hands-on-review-4f5f05c96c02)