You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ragged edges on edited quickshape

I have been playing around with a rectangle in the Affinity Photo Beta (whilst listening to TV), I converted to curves and somehow or other ended up with a dog with his paws on a gate and howling at the eclipse of the moon. But it's not as smooth as I would have expected. 

Attached is the object exported as a png in isolation from the rest of the page. Is it just because the object at 100% is smaller than I realised on the laptop monitor so it only pixelated when enlarged?

post-29-0-35862900-1426971318_thumb.png

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Is it just because the object at 100% is smaller than I realised on the laptop monitor so it only pixelated when enlarged?

Of course it is ! If you enlarge pixels, the pixels becomes bigger ! :)

You can display a pixel image smaller than it's real size, but never bigger. User a vector application like Affinity Designer to avoid this issue.

I realised afterwards that it was just using the wrong app, I shall have to export the rest of the page into designer and start again on the dog, I'm used to working with a different program where this doesn't happen.

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.