I’d love to see better consistency within the Affinity apps. 

Small things like the order of buttons make a real difference. Almost everwhere, the cancel button is first and then the confirm button is on the right. Unless you press Save A Copy. (See buttons)

on iPad I so quickly skip around the interface because it is so intuitive, but a small change like this can throw me.

Seems small, but makes a big difference.  

My other UI gripe is some buttons are either in strange places or don’t make sense. 

1. Why do I have to close a document to save it it place? I only have save a copy when the document is open. I’d like to be able to quickly save. (I’ve had documents crash before and I’ve lost the data because I didn’t hit save ever. Kinda my fault, but I think this could help)

2. Why can I lock and hide layers in two places? This is not a bad thing but feels confusing. Means I forget where certain settings are and doesn’t help set a precedent for where I should find certain types of settings. 

3. Why is rasterise not in the generic layer menu? (And can the layer menu not auto hide after rasterising? Or should I pin it to stop this behaviour?)

4. When resizing the canvas, can we have the nice transform square from the transform menu rather than the text-based popout? I know my right from left, but that square is so much easier to understand and edit

Note: the first four pictures are related to the cancel/action button order

These small gripes make me sound incompetent but I’m not! Haha. I say these because I love the apps and want them to be better. 

868ED0D6-D364-47D6-818B-B99D4AA533AC.jpeg

E27F484E-5F31-445F-BC1B-7FF8D8D2AA09.jpeg

C36A1F85-14AF-4042-8809-4998A2FAAD5D.jpeg

13DEBAF8-32AD-482B-9CF8-086E8D11670E.jpeg

AD0B659B-6FF0-4F81-A7C4-504A11F027E2.jpeg

5FCBB84B-69B5-474D-8758-C7E550BBB35D.jpeg