You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

First, thanks for the efforts on this great piece of software. Love the interface, bravo.

My question now :

maybe I'm missing something, but is there any way to have a fixed size or a proportional size for the rectangle selection tool ? (i.e. 1x1 for squared selections or precise pixel sides sizes or so )

Can't find that function in the help but I may have missed it.

Thanks anyway for the great work, keep up !

Pierre

post-8449-0-60624500-1426604189_thumb.png

• Staff

Hello pierre lagarde,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no way to define a ratio for the Rectangular Marquee tool but you can use the Transform panel to change the selection dimensions. If the input fields appear greyed out, change temporally to other tool then back to the Rectangular Marquee (seems there's something buggy here) and they should become available.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to let you know that the bug with the rectangle tool (transform area greyed out) is still there.

Just bought it from the App store.

Two questions: How do I resize a selection? The German help file doesn't help.

How do I change the language of my Affinity Photo from German to English

Thx.

• Staff

Hi discmandavid,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1) To resize a selection, enter in Quick Mask mode (press Q on your keyboard), change to the Move Tool and transform the selection on canvas as you wish. You can also input specific coordinates, width, height, rotation etc on the Transform panel on the bottom right of the interface. Then press Q again to quit Quick mask mode.

2) To change the language from German to English go to menu Affinity Photo ▹ Preferences, General tab and set the Language dropdown at the bottom to Default. This will require a restart.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.