You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Styles UI improvements

The UI for changing the text styles in the main window is robust and of high quality. It would be useful if it were easier to redefine existing text styles, or create new ones based on the customised text we already have established via overrides. The current version, where you have to create new text styles manually via the text menu is a little awkward. 

• Staff

@Genesisoflegend

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Text Styles UI in Affinity Designer will be improved in future releases. Are you using Designer or Affinity Publisher?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 weeks later...

I'll jump on this even though I am referring to text styles in APub:

It would be great to have the option to add new styles directly from the context menu. Either a "new" listing in the drop-down or the same 'create text style' (and paragraph) buttons up there. (And Update, too, why not?) For at least a day I thought I was stuck with that pre-set list because those buttons are only in the studio panel and they're really tiny and inconspicuous!

And honestly I really don't want to have the text styles studio open if I don't need to. I don't really find seeing the list all that useful all the time; I'd much rather just have the buttons available whenever I'm working with text!