You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font, text size and font weight dropdown bug

I’ve been using the beta to put together some rough concepts for a booklet cover design, and I’ve encountered a bug where selecting text with the art text tool no longer allows me to adjust text settings from the dropdown boxes in the top menu.

AY5LWMm.png

In the image you can see I’ve selected some text which is all the same font, size and weight, but the font and weight fields are empty. Each field now has different behaviour:

• I can click on the font dropdown, and if I select a font the text will change to this new font. The first time the font is changed the field remains blank, but after selecting a font a second time the fields all revert to normal.
  • I cannot click on the font weight dropdown at all.

It also seems that the text size dropdown never actually works – I have to manually type in a text size at all times. The live preview works while mousing through the text size options displayed, but after clicking it just reverts back to original size.

This is on Designer beta 1.1.2.23562 running on OS X 10.10.2, on a 2011 iMac 27". I believe I might have encountered these bugs in Photo beta as well, on my 2013 rMBP 13".

I don’t know how to reproduce this bug unfortunately, although the font size dropdown is constant – I’ve attached a screen recording demoing the issue.

affinity fontsize bug.mov

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.