You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create arrows to highlight important figure elements

The current Affinity Publisher beta is amazing.

I tried out a couple of features such as continuation from text frames which work beautifully, inserting and cropping giant (24 Megapixel!) Tiff images, and the snapping functions are intuitively picking up the 'right' elements to snap to. 

In my workflow though I am often creating publications with figures that contain images where I want to highlight a specific part by drawing a line with an arrow or other marker at the end (often also dashed to not hide other parts of the figure). I found the pen tool which is ideal to create such curved lines but somehow I could not find an option to change the line ending with a cap, arrow or other marker. If I am not missing something this would be a great feature for all kinds of technical publications.

(After searching a bit more there is a separate arrow tool under the shapes but this is different and does not allow for example to create curved lines with arrows).

Keep up the great work!

• Staff

@Alexander_

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Arrowheads are a longstanding feature on the Affinity Designer roadmap and would certainly appear in the Publisher vector persona [only if you owned Affinity Designer and after it had been added to that] As to whether Affinity Publisher will have this feature I do not know, sorry but we appreciate the post

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon