You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Photo/Designer - How to disable auto docking

Hey,

Windows versions of Photo and Designer have an option to "float the windows". This is an amazing feature which I use a lot. It is common for me to have multiple windows open and move them around as I work.

However, I spend more time fighting Photo/Designer than drawing because these apps insist I should dock the windows either on the app viewport or in another window. Photo/Designer automatically try to dock it when I drag the window near a "hot spot" (it shows a semi transparent blue rectangle indicating where it wants to dock), such areas are quite big and I often dock the windows accidentally with the slightest movement.

My question. Is there an option to stop this automatic docking, so I can have the document windows floating all the time during a work session?

Thanks

That is a windows feature not an Affinity feature: https://www.pcworld.com/article/220222/Windows.html

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Doesn't seem to be. I had that ticked off and the aereo ones as well (the shaking thing). Photo and Designer still do it.

Now, if Affinity uses Windows facilities to do that trick, then perhaps they should honour users settings. Probably reading Windows registry or whatever.
If using Windows' is what they do then the issue is a bug.