You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No Default Shortcuts in my German AP Version

Hello Friends,

been learning the basics of Adobe Photoshop CS6, recently switched to AP. 

When I tried to work with the brush, found out that I can't adjust the size and hardness of the point.

The same with other tools that work with alt + shortcuts.

So I went to the adjustments and to the shortcuts, where I chose "brush", but there were no shortcuts(such as alt+sth.) displayed. Just this bracket ] . 

I tried to fill it manually, which did'nt work. Finally, I set it back to default. No reaction. 

Now my question to you, guys:

Is it something that has to do with the program itself or with the adjustments of my computer? 

Maybe a hint: when I use alt in AP it selects always the file button in the menue...

Hope you can help me and I am going to laugh about this little issue soon :-)

• Staff

Hi Kazamba11 and Welcome to the Forums,

The default shortcut for increasing brush size is just the ]  key which isn't available on a German language keyboard.  You would need to set your own custom shortcuts, as other German users of Affinity have done on this thread.  This PDF may help you setup the shortcuts as it shows the keys that are already assigned, i'd suggest some of the free keys on the right side of the keyboard:

https://resources.serif.com/spotlight/learning/shortcuts/de/Affinity-Designer-Shortcuts-Mac-DE.pdf

Nehme an, du verstehst deutsch;-)

Du kannst die Pinselgösse und die Härte ändern bei halten von CTRL+Alt. Mit Maus hoch/runter plus den Tasten änderst du die Härte, mit links/rechts die Grösse. (Falls Windows musste halt mal durchprobieren, welche 2 Tasten).

Die brackets habe ich auch nicht gefunden, habe einfach 2 andere Tasten für größer/kleiner vergeben. CMD+Komma für den Einstellungsdialog, dann oben Photo und und unten Malpinsel, dann kannste deine tasten vergeben.

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Hey guys, 

thanks for your answers!
The problem is solved. Your suggestions are good, but the very best combination is: alt + hold left mouse + hold right mouse + drag the mouse. Found it in a tutorial on good old youtube.

Somehow ctrl + alt doesn't work on my computer. 

Again, thank you and have a very nice day, folks!