You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparent document base colour?

No doubt missed the obvious setting and this may say more about my workflow than any issue but...

Creating an eps file with a transparent background (for use in other page layout software) gives the checkerboard background, which is fine, but slightly distracting, I prefer a clean canvas look. Could there be/is there a way of selecting a colour e.g. white for the canvas only whilst retaining the transparent property of an exported file?

My workaround at the moment is to have a layer with white fill switched on for working/switched off for export - which I easily forget to switch off before exporting! :-/

Sim2.

Hi Sim2,

I currently use a 45* gradient mid-grey-to-dark-grey across my whole background, I also sometimes forget to turn it off.

I don't export to EPS though! PNG-24 (with transparency) mostly.

I could see the option for a colour or gradient background being useful - It's often used in 3d apps as an interface option that isn't rendered - to help with object visibility. Very applicable in 2d design also for those that want it. Anyhow, dropkick to the back of the queue????  :D

I haven't tried this version of Designer with eps export and "transparent background" unclicked, will give it a go but earlier versions exported with a white background. EPS whilst perhaps not ideal does fit slotting these files with current workflows in "other" programmes.

I shall patiently join the back ofthe queue with my request slip in hand!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.