You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

D850 RAW support - black images

Sorry if this is explained elsewhere.  If I try to open a D850 RAW file from within Affinity Photo I get a black image.  Metadata information is displayed.  

This happens whether I try to open the file from the cloud or from the local iPad photo store.  

The RAW file displays on Photos in the iPad.  I

'm running Affinity Photo 1.6.7 on iOS 11.3.1.  I've searched in this forum and found mention of using Apple's RAW engine, but can't find an explanation of how I can switch to using Apple's engine (I've found an explanation but I'm guessing it refers to the MacOS version of Affinity as opposed to the iPad version)

Thanks for the help

• Staff

Hi ADW,

Welcome to the forums. 

Can you please try to save that file locally on your iPad. Next, open the photo from local storage ( rather than the cloud). This should fix any issues. 

As for the raw engine, you can only change it on the desktop app, not on the mobile. For iOS, we only rely on Apple's RAW engine. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Gabe.