You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Pen / Node Tool Curve can not be stroked with a brush

I love Photo for Windows but could you tell me if this is a glitch or am I missing something. I know Designer would probably do the job first time but I only need to put a precise shape around part of a photo using a brush.

I have started by using the pen tool to create the curve in a new layer. With this highlighted I have clicked on the box between the stroke colour and point width to access the Stroke style.

Clicking on the Nul, Solid line or Dash all do what they should but the Brush button just leaves things as a solid line. I already have the brushes open and brush selected in the right hand tool bar.

Within the stroke style box the pressure drop down works to vary the width but when the properties box is clicked the Brush pop out box is empty and all sliders grayed out though I can click between General, Dynamics and Texture.

I can use the Brush with the Paint Brush tool but this does not give me the adjustable curve I require. The problem is still present in the 1.6.3.102 beta and also if I try to alter the stroke of any shape.

So where have I screwed up.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Graham

Curve Stroke Problem.afphoto

• Staff

Hi PaulPry66,

Welcome to the forums :)

The Brush button in the stroke panel is for vector brushes which you might need if you have imported a designer file. Photo itself doesn't use vector brushes so that is why the button itself doesn't seem to work for you. Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are looking for in Photo.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.