You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tif and the new Beta

I submitted a bug report complaining that the tif saved by AP had compatibility issues with some other tools. My copies of Dxo Optics Pro 10 and CaptureOne 7 would not open the returned tiffs and, since AP was my external editor, this was a real problem in my processing.

I tested this with the new Beta (1.1.2.22821) and am happy to report that the problem has been solved for both tools. In addition I had posted that the output tiff files, when opened in PhotoLine, showed an extra layer (or perhaps an extra page) and speculated that this might be the reason for the problem. That extra layer (or page) is now gone.

Thank you support.

• Staff

Hi Mike,

We kinda cheated a bit with this - the extra plane you found was the alpha channel - so now we just don't write alpha for TIFF. I need, eventually, to make it write alpha but in the main image plane, not as a separate one - that's the part which seems to confuse everything other than Photoshop.

Thanks,

Andy.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.