You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Convert to ICC-Profile - should convert to CMYK too

Hi,

you can convert the image to an icc-profile. But you can only select installed profiles that are in the same color-mode as the original image.

So, if you have a RGB-Image and you like to convert it to an CMYK-Profile for a print-studio, you have to do two steps:

1.) Switch to CMYK-Mode

2.) Convert to the ICC (now you see the CMYK-Profiles)

It would be much easier, if you could convert a RGB-Image directly to a CMYK-Profile.

…and it would be nice if the last selection would be preset for the next time. So if you need to convert to a specific ICC a lot (in my case i have the one cmyk-profile for the print-studio that i need over and over again) it would speed up the workflow.

• 2 weeks later...

I do this often in PS but have not an experimented much in AP.

When you change the color mode in AP, Document>Colour Format>CMYK, the document takes on the profile set in Preferences>General>CMYK Colour Profile. Or, at least it is displayed as such.

You should be able to set your favorite CMYK profile in preferences.

However I have not been able to determine how to export a pdf/x-1a, CMYK file, or any PDF that retains a color profile.

Either in the export persona or by file>export.

An exported jpg, tiff or PSD does contain the profile.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.