You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Duplicated Artboard adds 1pixel in width when exporting

Hello!

I am currently working on buttons for a website, but there is a bug that hinders me to work fluently with AD. I don't know why but when I duplicate my first artboard the size stays the same (500x250px) - but when I want to export it, the duplicate adds 1 pixel in width - which then makes the exported pictures uneven. It seems it adds a blurry edge around the duplicate. When I setup the slice to 500x250 on the duplicate, it still has that weird issue.

I hope you guys can help me here!

Added some pics so you can see for yourself.

Thanks!

PS: I already worked with Artboards while making a business card - there it worked perfectly and the size stayed the same on both artboards/slices.

Kind regards

DerHerr

in affinity.png

pic1.png

pic2.png

• Staff

Hello DerHerr,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is happening because the X,Y coordinates of the problematic artboards are not integer values. To fix this select the artboard layer, go to the Transform panel and check ensure that its coordinates are integer values. Since the values we display there (Transform panel) are rounded and only display one decimal place by default, you need to go to Affinity Preferences, User Interface section and increase the number of decimal places for Pixels in the Decimal Places for Units Types section so you can catch coordinates which have a zero or two as first decimal places (i.e. 100.005).

To prevent all this trouble make sure you have Force Pixel Alignment checked in the Snapping Manager from the beginning (menu View ▸ Snapping Manager...) so all artboards are placed/duplicated using integer pixel values. Note that duplicating an artboard pressing and holding ⌥ (option/alt) while dragging it on canvas overrides the Force Pixel Alignment setting. To duplicate them honouring the snapping settings press and hold ⌘ (cmd) instead.