You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very slick tool ...

While I don't want to sound like a shill I have downloaded and tested the Affinity Photo beta and it is very slick and the more I practice with it the better my results are.

There are issues. I still have some serious troubles with my plugins (Topaz Clarity crashes every time) and I cannot get ReMask to work at all, PerfectlyClear will not activate without my de-activating any other installation on my machine, I cannot see how to save my selections and I am having some troubles with some of the tools, but most other tools are very nice indeed.

The InPainting works wonderfully, even for large patches. I have been able to remove my own shadow from some photos just through its use.

The selection tool works as well as the one in Photoshop which I have always thought was the gold standard for selection tools.

The Clone Tool does a nice job (once you figure out how to select the source spot).

I really like the mesh and perspective tools.

I am looking forward to the product release, along with its full functionality, and wanted the developers to know that, in spite of the problems I have had, this looks like it will be a really nice product when finished.

• Staff

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your words. I'm sure Andy and the rest of the team will be happy to know you're enjoying Affinity Photo. He has spent a lot of hours around it. Those  issues you're having are perfectly normal for a software of this complexity. The purpose of the beta is precisely to fix and improve all features until everything is solid for the official release. This may take some time, there's no timeframe defined, but in the end it will worth the effort. There a lot of potential in Affinity Photo, not to mention its integration with the rest of the suite, they just need time to make it perfect  ^_^

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your words. I'm sure Andy and the rest of the team will be happy to know you're enjoying Affinity Photo. He has spent a lot of hours around it. Those  issues you're having are perfectly normal for a software of this complexity. The purpose of the beta is precisely to fix and improve all features until everything is solid for the official release. This may take some time, there's no timeframe defined, but in the end it will worth the effort. There a lot of potential in Affinity Photo, not to mention its integration with the rest of the suite, they just need time to make it perfect  ^_^

I understand this is Beta software and hence still in a QA phase. I don't expect it to work completely perfectly yet and I think you folks are very smart to have issued this Beta and asked for comments. 

But I wanted to drop a line and tell you all how impressed I am with what is available so far and to let you know that people like me are pleased, even though there are still a lot of bugs. I am really looking forward to the released product.

Great work so far.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.