You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I bought Designer and Photo recently and am working my way through the Vimeo Tutorials which are excellent. At the moment nothing is sticking and I'm going to have to re-visit but I'm sure I'll get there in the end.

Once I have watched a couple of tutorials I have a go at what I've just seen but I still need help I find. The problem is that the help file doesn't work. I get an index page but non of the links work and neither does the search. Is this perhaps a browser/antivirus/malware protection issue? In the screenshot you can see that I've clicked several topics but nothing more has been displayed.

screenshot.jpg

• Staff

Hi Longedge,

The help isn't displaying as i'd expect.  When others have had issues with the help file, resetting Internet Explorer resolved the issue.  You may not even use Internet Explorer as your browser but we use Internet Explorer to display the pages inside the help, so it could be an option you may have disabled in your IE properties or any IE Add-ons you may have installed.

It might be worth resetting your IE settings and see if that helps - see https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/923737

Hmm.. No I don't normally use IE for web browsing, FF is my default but I do use IE (web active plugin) in my startup folder to display my security cameras. I want to retain that as it works perfectly.

I take it then that it's not possible to use the help file other than with IE?

• Staff
3 minutes ago, longedge said:

Hmm.. No I don't normally use IE for web browsing, FF is my default but I do use IE (web active plugin) in my startup folder to display my security cameras. I want to retain that as it works perfectly.

I take it then that it's not possible to use the help file other than with IE?

Sadly we can't change the help file to use a different browser engine.

You could always make use of the online help here:

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/index.html

It is lacking a Search function but is the full help file you find within the app.