Hello!

In Affinity Designer, is there a feature to replace transparent areas by a specific color?

• Replace all transparent areas

• Replace only the single contiguous transparent area I click on

I have searched for this in the program, but I did not find anything.

Assuming you mean vector objects, there is nothing to click on because transparency is simply where the object does not exist. So to color those areas, you can just add vector objects of the desired color, sized & shaped appropriately, & place them below the other object(s) in the layer stack.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

You are right, thank you!

However, this involves several or many steps when I want to accomplish this.

It would be very useful if there was a single command which automatically creates a layer with a rectangle exactly the size of the project area and places it in the background. Then it should be possible to "cut out" areas from this background rectangle area. Then these cut-out areas could be colored with another color or simply removed.

17 minutes ago, PeterPanino said:

It would be very useful if there was a single command which automatically creates a layer with a rectangle exactly the size of the project area and places it in the background. Then it should be possible to "cut out" areas from this background rectangle area. Then these cut-out areas could be colored with another color or simply removed.

Why not just create the "cut out" areas as vector shapes to begin with & color them as you wish? If you also want a differently colored background rectangle that fills the canvas or artboard, that is easy enough to do using snapping & you don't have to worry about the complexities of the various ways 'cutting out' one or more shapes from another can be done with boolean operations, layer blend modes, & so on.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1