You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is the difference between plugin search folders and plugin support folders?

I assumed that the plugin search folders setting was for folders containing plugins and that Affinity Photo would search for any applicable plugins in that folder, but the plugins strangely when I do that. The Topaz plugins simply will not run and I get the message

Cannot Proceed

IPC Memory in use or 

Image size is too big for the system. 

and when I try to use PerfectlyClear I get a message telling me to activate it as though I was working on a new machine.

I have these set up under the plugin search folders. Is this wrong? And what is the support folder setting for?

Thank you.

Have a read through Andy's thread on How to configure Affinity Photo to use Plugins. The thread explains the difference between the Search & Support folders. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the post. That did indeed fix my problem with the Topaz plugins, but now the plugin is asking me to activate it (or start the trial). The plugins have been activated on this machine for the past 18 months so I don't understand why it now wishes to activate again.

And my other plugin, the Athentech PerfectlyClear plugin, which I find very helpful, is doing exactly the same thing. It also has been activated on this machine for about 6 months and now wishes to de-activate my usage for other software on this machine to activate it for Affinity. Very strange. Affinity tells me that the plugin is licensed for all uses on this machine, not for association with one specific application.

So both plugins, with Affinity, seem to have activation issues.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.