You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

animated text-stripes / export persona / sclice

I often have to create "animated" text-stripes.

(For GUIs - depending on button-state/ current move... there must appear different text-content).

With"frame-text"  and the simple return and enough space between the lines, i got all my "rames correct "sized".

But: Even in most font-famillys and just big letters - not all members have the same size/highness.

A "Q" has a low-hook , ÄÖÜ has high dots and backslashes and other "glyphes"  explode the line totally...

Try 1:

I make the line-space greater. Well, that sems to solve the prob, BUT

Problem 2:

If i create enough "headroom" i lost my "center". 

But even if this TOP-magnetic is correct, i got the next problem:

Problem 3:

I have stripes in other font-sizes. If i create them as above, i got stripes "referenced" on the top.

Thats not like people symmetry "read" 

IF I USE DIFFERENT Sizes here you will see, all have the same Base-line, not the same top-line, even if i use a Q or a ÄÖÜ

Well, the example is chaotic, but it follows a line.

Thats what i want: A used "grid" on the baseline with enough space for Q/ÄÖ... 

The frame-text itself does it! 

But the selction in AP will misstake the non-font-metric and the interpolation "pixels (no "T" has just line on the top, its smoothed/interpolated even in a transparent background).

So, what i need is a slice-behavior which all this keeps in mind. Aha, its a frame text with such line-difference...  i do not slice at the Stripe of the T and not of the last "full-pixel"...

?????????????????????

How can i get the slice tool to this behavior, or how can i grid? The normal grid does not solve the Problem, the text will snap - the slice-tool will start inside the grid...

BTW: MAybe if i could to set the slice to this layer, but not snapping the layer, instead snapping the grid BEHIDN the layer... i guess thats what i need! (Except the last "frame" has a Q hook...

No, the whole text must inside a virtuell grid, which has allways the same-offseted base line...

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• 3 weeks later...