You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't edit Text once created?

It may be the Pixel layers above the text frames that are causing the selection problem. Try using the Text Cursor (either the T in a box or the A) to click on the text.

301477602_ScreenShot2021-10-21at9_23_38AM.thumb.png.65406c686342abd63631d2743975433b.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, SSM said:

Hi, no I don't have an 'A' - just the 'T' boxes but those are for pages lower down. I think I have to start over?

1695518955_ScreenShot2021-10-21at9_28_45AM.png.b6cc7edf654691550525773fc59aa238.png

5 minutes ago, SSM said:

I think I have to start over?

Chill Winston.

First do a Save As... to get a copy of the file onto your desktop. This is one we will mess up real bad so it is important to work on a copy.

Now, select the two pixel layers above the Frame Text layers (the T in the box and (Frame Text) written next to it). Delete the Pixel layers. Do you see a difference? Try clicking in the text which I highlighted earlier. Can you do that now?

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

59 minutes ago, SSM said:

I'm in affinity photo and have pasted an illustration as well as text. I can't edit anything on the page.......and am really stuck as to what to do. I can move the entire page but an unable to edit. 

Seeing as how the page disappears when you deleted the pixel layer I think the Illustration you pasted has no text it is just Pixels. You'll have to decide if you want to type  all the text.

What exactly are you trying to edit in the Photo document? Are you wanting to use the drawings but not the words? Do you want to use some of the Illustration?

You can do a lot with masking out areas you do not need and then adding in the text.

• 1 year later...

CTRL+ENTER is often used, has been used, to "stop editing" a text area... now it changes font into curves... another idiocy someone thought would be awesome if you are switching from the big A products... OMFG Affinity....