Hi,

Is there a way to have border in macro which will be +100px to current image size ?

How to define that ?

Regards,

Greg

Regards,

Greg

Hi @Mensch Mesch

Thanks for hint, but this is no quite what I had in mind. This tut shows how to add frame over the picture. I need to extend canvas size. i.e. original 2048x1536 and macro will add +100px to width and high, fill it white and punt my signature on frame. I can create one for most popular picture dimension i use, but it will be quite a task. Any idea how to approach it ?

Greg

Regards,

Greg

@gkulka How can you make a border around the pic with this equations? Am trying the trial for the moment and am not familiar wit Affinity. In Photoshop is very easy to do by creating an action so I can ad any border in one time on a whole map of photos. I can't find this in Affinity photo or is their something I can do?

Thanks in advance

@PhilippeVDD While you record macro, create new layer, move it to back "CTRL+SHIFT+[" (not in layers panel). Than select top layer, go to Transform panel, select center point and in width(or height) input box type "X-100". This will make layer 100px smaller on selected dimension :)

Regards,

Greg

That is what I did @gkulka But is not efficient for borders, in photoshop you can create an action and on each different sized pic the border will work, not in Affinity >:(

Thanks for the help and greetings from Belgium

I will try it and let you know. But I think on a horizontal picture it will work but not on a vertical pcture. We will see ;) Sorry for my english, am flemish.

Hi @gkulka, just what I tought!  When it is a vertical or panorama its not working! But I can make macros for vertical and horizontal photos and do the panoramas pic by pic :10_wink:

Thanks for the help

Here the examples 

DSC_0830-Pano_resize.jpg

DSC_0848_resize.jpg

DSC_0599_resize.jpg

@PhilippeVDD This is because you have aspect ratio locked. Than, when you make x+100, it calculates y+1000. If you want to have i.e. 100px frame[regardles photo size or standard print format], just add +100px to both dimentions to solid layer without aspect ratio locked. Than move solid layer back.

Regards,

Greg

Ok. I think I know where the problem is. Above I wrote what I had in mind, not actually referring to correct variables. With X+100, I was referring to width, while X is used as position, same with Y. Sorry about that. You should be using W and H for width and height without aspect ratio. Below will shrink width of picture layer by 100px.

test.jpg

Regards,

Greg