You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

problems with raw development

Hello dear Affinity-Team,

I really want to thank you for making such a great iOS app. It’s so much fun to edit and create images. However I got some major problems with the raw development. I know that the app is not comparable to any desktop raw development and is not meant to be one. However the raw development was advertised as feature. Unfortunately it is completely useless for me when I try to edit 25MB RAW files from my SONY A6300 on my iPad Pro. But I think Affinity Photo should at least hold up with a free iOS app called „VSCO“. Look at the two pictures I attached, I didn’t pay attention for reducing highlights or any other feature except recovering shadows.

86121D52-36A3-4B4A-B764-527713C8F6DA.thumb.jpeg.3c92fd5356856478f1a8ebc451b25ab1.jpeg created with „VSCO“ increasing the shadows by 100 %

C04ABA9F-1A30-460B-9507-84C9B05AA506.thumb.jpeg.a869b0b234c525616104fdc2019cf444.jpegcreated with Affinity Photo increasing shadows by 100%

It is quite obvious that Affinity Photo looses all Details in the shadows. Why is that, if a free iOS app can do better (however I don’t like the app at all and love affinity photo)? Am I doing something wrong? I would love to be able to recommend affinity photos for raw development, but as of know it’s simply too bad for that, shadows just being an extreme example for minor quality results in the raw development of affinity photo. I hope that the problem gets fixed soon! And again: I’m not comparing it to a professional desktop application. I think affinity photo could do a lot better!

Kind regards,

David B.