You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi hope someone can help. :D

I´m new to Affinity Photo, my question is fairly simple:

Is there any way to change resize key from bracket keys, and not having to do it for every single tool that can resize, as in a master resize? 

my problem is my keyboard is Nordic, which means i do not have bracket keys, nor tilde key - and i probably miss other keys too, and so far i have to change the size keys individually.

thanks in advance

Max

P.S. i searched the forums for a while but could not find a similar question.

You can press down Alt and drag with both mouse keys down (PC) to resize the brush and change hardness.

You can change the [ ] shortcuts,  Edit > Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts.   Then Paintbrush tool as shown

Type the new shortcut in the box. If you get a yellow warning triangle, the key is already in use. Hover over it and it will tell you what for.The x on the right deletes it. Click "Close" to save.

Ctrl + the . /  ; ' [ ] - = keys are not currently used, or Ctrl + Q, K, H, or F (on an English keyboard).

short.png

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

2 hours ago, flambalbob said:

Is there any way to change resize key from bracket keys, and not having to do it for every single tool that can resize, as in a master resize? 

If you put a tick in the 'Apply to all' checkbox in the Preferences dialog, your chosen shortcuts will be used wherever they are relevant (instead of being restricted to the context which is currently selected in the dialog).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

32 minutes ago, Alfred said:

If you put a tick in the 'Apply to all' checkbox in the Preferences dialog, your chosen shortcuts will be used wherever they are relevant (instead of being restricted to the context which is currently selected in the dialog).

I though it meant the shortcut worked on ALL Personas ?

36 minutes ago, Alfred said:

3 minutes ago, toltec said:

I though it meant the shortcut worked on ALL Personas ?

Hmm. I'm not sure now! :o

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

In that case, remember to save your custom shortcuts! See the Save option in the Preferences box. Otherwise, there is always the risk of losing them if you reset or install an update. You don't want to do it twice :o