You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Persona Problem

I'm sure you've given it thought but do you see changing the term "persona" or how AP/AD categorize these sections? Is this a "legal" get around? Only reason is that "Lightroom" for example has a similar thing in how they break up their workflow, but it's sort of laymen and it truly follows a workflow, oppose to Personas which feel random and honestly confusing. I would love to see this portion of the apps overhauled so it really becomes useful in a professional environment and follows a realistic workflow. Yes, it' different for everyone but at the end of the day, "1, 2, 3, 4 and 5" makes sense, not "3, 5, 1, 4 and 2".  Love the product but just an observation that I hope will be addressed. 

• Staff

Hi erickp,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Personas don't really intend to represent a workflow path but rather offer different "workspaces" where to perform specific types of work (panoramas, tone mapping, liquify distortions etc) without implying any relation between them. You may use just one Persona for the whole project or jump between them as you see fit.

Just curious, why would you think "panoramas, tone mapping, liquify distortions" need their own workspaces?  They are really considered part of the filter category/family, oppose to a workspace you would use heavily.  Now, if you had "3D", then I can totally see that as it's own workspace. To consider those others as a separate workspace, brings the questions at what point do you stop creating personas and filling up the top menu with endless workspaces. I suppose allow the user to customize them is a solution but a bit confusing putting emphasis on personas, oppose to an additional/typical functionality. I'm just opening this dialogue as a healthy way to discuss how it's used in the real world. Not just the average user at home but the professional interacting with it day to day.