You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there

I'm brand new to Affinity Designer so my apologies if I'm just being slow/silly - I am trying to export a figure for a manuscript, preferably as EPS. As the exported file comes out cut, I've downloaded the beta version and tried my luck there. The image is now exported in full size, but the resolution of the image files is off. I've attached the files. Oh, and exporting the (grayscale) file as a PDF results in a coloured output?

I've been working with version 1.1.2 / 1.0.21861 with Yosemite (10.10.2) on a 15" MacBook Pro.

Thanks for any help!

Iris

export_error_beta.eps

export_error.afdesign

export_error.eps

export_error.pdf

• Staff

Hi iris.jh,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

Thanks for raising this issue. Obviously something went wrong with the PDF export. I'm logging this issue to be looked at.

Regarding the EPS, we are aware of the problems with the Mas App Store EPS export (cropped output). It will be fixed in the next MAS update.

The EPS export in the Beta was completely rewritten and shouldn't give you problems. You are getting the images at 72dpi because your document (File -> Document Setup) is set to 72 dpi. Affinity Designer is honouring that value during the export.

[EDIT] The problem with the PDF appearing in color maybe related with the fact that some PDF viewers are not honouring the color profile you have chosen. I'm still checking this issue.

• 1 month later...

I'm still having the same issue with beta version 1.0.21861 - exporting my document as EPS (see first post), the single .jpgs won't show unless I tick "rasterize unsupported effects"; however, rasterizing the images further diminishes the quality of the anway low resolution images, making them useless.

Is there some kind of work around? I mostly bought Affinity to make graphs for manuscripts - if I can't export them in a suitable format, I will have to go back to AI.

• Staff

Hi Iris,

I just wanted to alert you to the fact that the 1.0.21861 beta version of Affinity Designer is very old now - the current beta version is 1.1.2.23308 and hopefully I'll be updating that to something even newer later today!

I would advise not using your older beta and just getting the current version from the beta forum here

If you want to improve the output resolution, simply go to Document Setup and change the document's DPI to something higher (300, for example) and then choose to 'rescale' the contents and press OK. I did this action and have attached my sample eps output for you to see...

export_error_300.eps

Thanks,

Matt