You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been having major problems printing from Affinity Photo.

I am using a PC with a BenQpt2700 calibrated monitor, using D50 and L90 display screen settings.

I am working in ProPhotoRGB.

I have used the colour profile and gamut check for the correct paper and made appropriate adjustments as per video to correct for OOG.

The edit after resize and sharpen to print looks good on the screen

Saved the file as a TIFF 16bit with colour profile ProPhoto. Also saved versions where I had converted colour profile to Adobe RGB and sRGB.

Printer –Epson SC P-600

Printer settings are to let App colour manage and not the printer.

Paper – Permajet Oyster 271 and using the supplied printer profile.

The prints with all 3 colour profiles are very dark and the colours are dreadful, major loss of colour.

I opened the same 3 TIFF files in Photoshop and proof checked and OOG then printed with all the same printer settings.

The screen imagein PShop looks little different from that in Affinity Photo (PS left and AF rt)

The images printed from Photoshop are close representations of the Photoshop screen but that from AF not (PS left and AF RT) in the images included

post-48590-0-33635100-1494010285_thumb.jpg

post-48590-0-90328000-1494010296_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi KTnewuser,

Affinity Photo doesn't handle colour management when printing like Photoshop does. Please could you make sure you are picking the correct colour profile in the print menu when you print your image?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.