You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1) Highlighting of Opened Photo - 2)Zoom focus

Hi I have two items I would like to put forward.

1)Hilighting of Opened Photo

If you have a lot of photos loaded it is not always easy to see which one it is from the Name / Title bar. Often the grey hilight does not show up very well. Often I have to look ant the X close button to identify which photo is open.

Would it be possible to either increase the intensity of the current hilight or make it a different colour.

2) Zoom focus.

This may be in place and I have as yet, not found it.

When zooming in and out of a photo would it be possible to have as a default display the % for the photo currently being viewed / worked on.

Thank you

• Staff

Hi RealAle,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. This was already requested a few times (more contrast in document tabs). I don't know if this will help much but you can try to change the UI Gamma slider in Affinity Preferences, User Interface section.

2. The zoom level in displayed in the title bar (on the right end) after the document's name.

Thank you for your reply and advice.

UI Gamma did make a difference but that was this evening with curtains drawn & light on. Lets hope it shows the improvement tomorrow in day light

I have now tested this in daylight and there is still a noticeable difference but, not as much as I would like.

I looked for the zoom level display as per your instruction but could not locate it. May be I am looking without seeing so will try again tomorrow.

I have now found the display but it disapears if a large number of photos are opened - due to my personal photo identification set up anything above 4 photos and the end of the identification and the % display is lost.

I did expect the identification of the photo name info to be lost due to the reduced size within the application, as more photos were added is surprises me that it included the zoom level. I will put in another Feature Request to see if it would be possible for the Zoom % to always be visible within a opened photo even if this further reduces the photo name that is displayed.

Hi MEB,

Thank you for your reply.

I have attached screen shots both contain the same 6 photos

I have tried out a number of different photos and each time the Zoom focus only disappears when a lot of photos are loaded. As to the number of photos this takes to do it, is dependent on the size of the photo description given to each photo.

I would like to reiterate that I am not at all surprised (and in fact expected it) for the photo identification to be reduced and partially lost dependent on number loaded, length of each identification and size of screen. Each photo loaded reduces the amount of space that can be given to identifying the others.

I use Windows 10   64bit.

post-47958-0-13844400-1493117163_thumb.png

post-47958-0-13031200-1493117338_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi RealAle,

Thanks for the screenshots and additional info. I assumed (incorrectly) that you were using the Mac version which does display the zoom level in the application title bar (so we don't have this issue there - see screenshot below). This is definitely an issue on Windows where the zoom display on the document tabs. I will check if we already have this logged and fill a bug report if not.

post-59-0-56984600-1493128770_thumb.jpg

[EDIT] Issue logged to be looked at.

Hi MEB,

Thanks for your e-mail and taking the time to review it.

I see what you mean with regard to the Mac version.

When I first bought Affinity Photo for windows in order to teach myself how to use it I went through all the training videos and discovered that the work within them were related to the MAC version, however it only took a few minutes to find the windows way of doing it. I did this by looking at the clip / video several times to note what icons were clicked on ( this was both in the area of the work space and the icon picture) and was able to convert to the windows version.

Once again many thanks