You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export artboards with background

My artboards are being exported without backgrounds. In a previous answer it was stated that he export settings dialogue had 3 options: whole document, selection with background and selection without background.

In my export settings I have only whole document, artboard1, artboard2 etc

How is this done now?

• Staff

Hi bikeman, 

The export options on the Area dropdown may vary depending on what you have selected on canvas (or if nothing is selected at all. The options you are describing appear for non-artboard based documents. If you want to export a specific Artboard select its name from the Area dropdown in the Export dialog (it will include the artboard background).

I'm am using artboards but these are the options I see. I am using the windows version, if it is different from the ios version perhaps there is a bug?

I've unticked transparent background in the doc settings but it makes no difference, the artboards still get exported with a transparent background when exported as PNG-24.

The only way I have found to export PNG-24 with a background is to change the export 'matt' option (which defaults to transparent) but it's not going to be practical to do this for every individual artboard.