You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm trying to import a set of swatches in Adobe Illustrator 8 format into Designer.

When I use the Open command and after selecting the file, nothing appears to happen. When I drag-drop AD hangs (or at least appears to; have left it for five minutes and nothing happens). When I check I see the 'Affinity Designer is not responding' message.

Any assistance or advice will be gratefully received. 

I have attached one of the swatch files I'm trying to import.

Thanks

FGDCgeostdTM11A2_A-37-03ai8.eps

Thanks MikeW and JimmyJack,

I drive a Mac because I forgot AD is now available for Windows.

I haven't been an AI user (Corel Draw instead), so that limited my understanding.

The pdf I downloaded from the USGS site works / opens fine (as an embedded document). Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the symbols into swatches (using AD Help). No luck so far. Styles doesn't either. Any hints that help me work this out will make today and outstanding day - in North Sulawesi, Indonesia.

At least I'm able to use the symbols now.

Cheers again!